Sunday, August 5, 2007

July 30th-August 5th

45 miles in 6 runs.
0 x 1000s
0 strides
0 core
0 lifting
2 x shrub, 1 x 2-cup with Ring and Welsh on Wednesday

Was happy to get in two longer runs of 10 and 11 miles this week. Great to see Noah in LA and nice to have company on a run for a change.

I'm feeling really beat up at the moment, but only because I drove 900 miles in the last 3 days and just got back from a nenow. Immediate aches aside, everything is feeling good, but that's clearly just because I've done exactly one and a half workouts since March of 2006. Right now I'm still enjoying the luxury of running whatever I feel like, whenever I feel like it. I really want to get back into shape, but don't really have a reason to. If anyone has any good ideas for races in the next year or so, let me know. Noah wants to do this European style XC race in Iowa around Thanksgiving, or another relay in Southern Illinois next year. I think Neal wants to do Hood to Coast next year as well.

The other thing I desperately want is some people to run with. Since Chris Estwanik moved to Bermuda to make perfect little babies with his perfect little wife, there aren't really any guys at work whom I like running with all that much besides two guys who live in San Francisco. It's been a weird transition from collegiate running in that at school, I did everything with my teammates, and running was the most social aspect of my life. Now, running is the most solitary part of my day. It would help if Welsh would sack up and fix his back or hip or knee or whatever it is that's bothering him. I think we're on exact opposite training schedules. Every time he's healthy, I'm injured or out of shape, and whenever I'm in shape, he's limping around like an old man.

No comments: