Saturday, August 11, 2007

August 11th

14 miles at Arastradero

Arastradero is my favorite place to run here. It's about 3 miles out, an 8 mile loop, and 3 miles back. The first 4-5 miles of the loop go way up the mountain and the view at the top is unreal. I rolled my ankle pretty good on the way down but was able to hardguy my way back to my car without doing any more damage. It'll probably swell up tomorrow. Right hip was feeling kind of weird. Will have to keep an eye on that.

Ran into Paly coach (and friend of Welsh, Shawman, and Nark) Jeff Billing and his high school guys as I was finishing. Took great satisfaction in learning that they only did 6 today. May try to run with the high school kids next weekend. No sign of Rising Star Phillip MacQuitty (4:23/8:40something 3k as a frosh), who will earn the nickname "MacShitty" unless he starts training during the off season.

Feel like kind of a sandbagger for not running yesterday. May do a bushleague double tomorrow.

Usually, Arastradero runs are followed by a double cheeseburger, fries, and a pitcher of Fat Devil (Fat Tire + Devil's Canyon) at Alpine Inn half a mile up the road from the finish. However, I passed on that today since there's an IPA festival in Hayward this afternoon that I might go to.

Peacehorse.

No comments: